Seven new cases of COVID-19
Hawke's Bay App
Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:55 PM
There are seven new cases of COVID-19 today, all detected in recent returnees in a managed isolation facility.
There are no new cases from local transmission.
With the exception of one arrival from Uzbekistan, all new cases were detected as a result of day 3 testing and are now in quarantine. They are:
· A woman in her 30s who arrived from the United States on 12 September and was in managed isolation in Wellington.
· A man in his 60s who arrived from India on 12 September and was in managed isolation in Hamilton.
· A man in his 30s who arrived from India on 12 September and was in managed isolation in Hamilton.
· A woman in her 20s who arrived from India on 12 September and was in managed isolation in Hamilton.
· A man in his 40s who arrived from Indonesia on 12 September and was in managed isolation in Christchurch.
· A child aged between 1 and 4 years who arrived from India on 12 September and was in managed isolation in Hamilton.
· A woman in her 50s who arrived from Uzbekistan on 14 September. She was tested in Hamilton after appearing symptomatic.
[Editor] The Ministry of Health is providing a correction to today’s media release:
"We can confirm that the five cases identified today as having been in managed isolation in Hamilton were actually in Auckland when tested. They are now in the Auckland quarantine facility.
"Coding in some reports made it appear that a physical transfer had taken place between Auckland and Hamilton. This was not the case.
"We apologise for causing any concern to people in Hamilton who may have been alarmed about new cases."
Today there are four people in hospital with COVID-19 - one each at Auckland City and North Shore hospitals and two in Middlemore. All are in isolation on a ward. There are no cases in ICU.
There are 54 people linked to the community cluster who remain in the Auckland quarantine facility, which includes 23 people who have tested positive for COVID-19 and their household contacts.
Since August 11th, the Ministry of Health contact tracing team has identified 4,043 close contacts of cases, of which 4,036 have been contacted and are self-isolating.
With today’s new cases and 9 additional recovered cases, the total number of active cases is 77.
Of those, 33 are imported cases in MIQ facilities, and 44 are community cases.
The new total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 is now 1,458.
8,185 tests were processed yesterday